In 2022, the App Store has 1.96 million apps, and Google’s play store has 2.56 million apps. Google play store and Apple App store are two of the most dominating app markets where users can download apps for their smartphones. Both the app markets have become a sensation, and less than a fraction of users visit any other app market like the Galaxy Store. Not only do the customers prefer the PlayStore and AppStore, but entrepreneurs also plan to launch their apps only on these two platforms. With the millions of apps available on these app markets, there are necessary monitoring guidelines that an app has to obey.
With the increasing Google Play Store Statistics and Apple App Store stats, startups are massively targeting mobile app development. Entrepreneurs building their first app continuously look for the guidelines they have to follow before submitting their apps on the AppStore and PlayStore. It is common to get a rejection after the app submission. But the article is all you need to understand Google Play & Apple App Store Guidelines to Submit and Launch your App in one go.
Apple’s App Store Guidelines for Apps in 2022
Apps built for Apple’s App Store have to comply with the guidelines announced by Apple. It is essential to follow the guidelines so that entrepreneurs can achieve top-notch success on their apps. Following are the categories on which an app must comply before it is sent for upload on the app store:
Performance Guidelines to Follow
- When you submit your app review to Apple, it must be the final version of your app. All the functions and features in the app must work smoothly without errors and glitches, providing a smooth experience.
- When you upload beta testing of your app, make sure that you submit regular updates to your beta build to show consistency in your app project.
- Submit metadata describing your app, privacy information, and the description or goal of your app. Also, attach explanatory screenshots and previews to show what your app does and looks like to the users.
- To get the most out of your app, ensure that your iphone apps run on iPad. Follow the principle of universal app-building to engage more customers.
- Design a power-efficient app that does not require a more battery to run.
- When you use any public API, it must link to the purpose of the API. For example, an app using a health kit must belong to the health and fitness domain.
Business Guidelines to Follow
- You must explain your business model in the metadata or app review notes mentioning your in-app purchases.
- Apple rejects apps that cheat its users by imposing irrational prices for products.
- Make sure that you include an easy mechanism to restore the in-app purchase. Also, update yourself about the auto-renewable subscription into your app before embedding it.
- Clear disclosure of price of subscription and confirmation pop-up should be made.
Design Guidelines to Follow
- Make sure to update your app’s designs and keep your app functional.
- Apple suggests creating its own designs and ideas instead of just using someone else’s ideas.
- Your app might be removed if it is not unique, and it should work independently without any third-party contribution.
- Disclose the size of additional download before actually downloading the content.
- Your app cannot use Apple services for spamming and irrelevant push notifications. Apple directly removes these kinds of apps acting on such a basis.
Legal Guidelines to Follow
- Disclose all the necessary information you collect from the users and let users delete their data whenever they want from your servers.
- In order to collect information on a user’s setting, you have to ask the user’s permission. Without the user’s consent, you are not allowed to access it.
Safety Guidelines to Follow
- Do not include offensive content, commenting on religion, race, gender, or other critical elements.
- Do not include content that is illegal on the grounds of security. This can include ammunition, dangerous weapons, or objects.
- Do not include adult material in your apps that influences the kids or even adults. The App Store is strict about its adult material policy.
- Do not include false information in your app that is not based upon real proven facts and evidence. Also, inaccurate features like a hidden location tracker are not allowed on the app store.
- Include the options to report and block the user-generated content. It means that wherever users engage or create posts, provide options that can report unauthorized content to the authorities to avoid unnecessary user-generated content.
- Do not include third-party links that take users out if your app falls into the kids’ category. Provide the safest experience for the kids.
- Ensure that you provide options to let your app users connect with developers. Provide contact us options to provide support to the user’s issues.
- No unauthorized disclosure of users’ information is allowed.
Whether you want to build a gaming app or a billing app, the above guidelines are vital to follow to upload an authentic app on the Apple App Store. Once you submit the app and metadata with notes to Apple, you must wait for the company to review your app patiently. On selection, you will get the notice in your App Store Connect. Finally, you can submit appeals if you do not agree with specific guidelines or use App Store Connect to directly communicate with the App Review Team.
Google’s Play Store Guidelines for Apps in 2022
Google’s developer policy center announcement is similar to Apple’s guidelines. Most of the guidelines remain the same in Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store. However, let us see the add-on guidelines that Google adds as compared to Apple’s guidelines.
- Apps containing financial products and services must comply with the laws described by State and Local regulations.
- Binary Trade options are not allowed on the Google Play Store. And mining of Cryptocurrencies through apps is not allowed on the play store.
- Ensure that your app discloses all the necessary information if you include Loan Services in your app. Also, if your app requires repayment in 60 days or less, the Google Play Store will remove your app.
- For India and Indonesia, you have to submit the personal loan app declaration according to your country and all the important documents.
Gambling Apps Guidelines
- If your apps fall in the Gambling category make sure that you have a legal and approved Governmental License from the respective Gambling Authority.
- Google only licenses the apps falling in the category of Online Casino Games, Sports Betting, Horse Racing, Lotteries, and Daily Fantasy Sports.
- You have to visit the country-wise list because Google has mentioned the limitations according to the country. Some countries allow specific activities and some do not, you have to align with the country-wise guidelines.
We found that the above guidelines should get a special mention in the article. Rest assured, the majority of the guidelines are similar to Google and Apple. However, your top android and iOS app developers will take care of these guidelines for you.
A successful app project understands the guidelines to successfully submit and launch their app on App Markets. If your app doesn’t align with the Policies and Guidelines derived by Apple’s App Store or Google’s Play Store, you are compromising on the success of your app. Both the companies have a large set of guidelines that an app must follow to be uploaded on their app markets. However, most of them are identical in App Stores and Play Stores. The article has listed the most important guidelines that you must follow before sending your app for a review. Top App Development companies are aware of these guidelines and can promise you a successful launching without hurdles or rejections on Google’s Play Store and Apple’s App Store.